Innocenti Lambretta 125 C, 1950, Italy
The Lambretta name comes from the Lambro river, which flowed near the Innocenti industries in the Lambrate district of Milan.
It was produced from 1947 to 1972 and the enormous success crossed national borders, being built under license in Germany (by NSU), Great Britain, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, India and Spain.
Unlike the Vespa, which had a monocoque chassis, the Lambretta had a more rigid tubular structure on which the bodywork was fixed.
This Lambretta is a 125 C that compared to the first 125 A had a new tubular steel frame, suspensions on both wheels, better brakes, bigger tyres and hand operated gearbox (introduced with the 125 B).
This specific one is part of the first series with squared gearbox case like the previous B model.