Puch 250 SGS, 1959, Austria
Puch was an Austrian company born in 1899. Its main product was bicycles, but starting from 1901 they started building motorcycles and in 1904 cars as well. During WWI the firm was the official supplier of the Austro-Ungarian Empire.
In 1934 the following merger with Austro-Daimler led to the birth of Steyr-Daimler-Puch. From that moment on the Puch brand was solely used for motorcycles and bicycles, while cars used the Steyr brand.
The 250 SGS (acronym of Schwing-Gabel-Sport) is a motorcycles produced from 1953 to 1969. It was characterized by a split single cylinder engine, an interesting engine architecture that provides for the use of two pistons sharing the same combustion chamber.