Bianchi “S9 Sport”, 1935
Introduced in 1934, the S9 was put on a market dominated by the Fiat 1500 and the Lancia Augusta, later replaced by the Lancia Aprilia.
The streamlined body was offered with different bodies: sedan, coupe, and cabriolet version and a wide range of colours was offered as well.
Among the characteristics of the car shown in the Museum there are the rear-hinged front doors, the typical “flag indicators” in the rear and tangent-spoked wheels. Near the driver’s seat, there is a crystal vase, where every morning fresh flowers were put and gave a pleasant fragrance to the interior.
The Bianchi S9 was one of the most known models after the Giro d’Italia; this 1400 cc modified car, with no roof and sometimes no doors at all to intervene as soon as possible to change tires, was the flagship of Bianchi racing team. For many years this sedan followed and supported Fausto Coppi in his epic victories immortalized by sports reporters in many occasions that drew the history of this sport.
The S9 will be the last Bianchi car.
During WWII, in fact, the factory will produce bicycles, motorcycles and trucks for the Army. The building will be later bombed and the war was over the 4-wheel division, now producing trucks only, will become an autonomous reality thanks to a joint venture with Fiat and Pirelli in 1955: the Autobianchi.
Museo Nicolis has a rich display of Bianchi vehicles: bicycles, motorcycles and cars.
- 2003, Shooting, Fasoli Gioielli.
- 2019, Verona Legend Cars.