Innocenti Lambretta 150 LI, 1960, Italy
The Lambretta name comes from the Lambro river, which flowed near the Innocenti industries in the Lambrate district of Milan.
It was produced from 1947 to 1972 and the enormous success crossed national borders, being built under license in Germany (by NSU), Great Britain, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, India and Spain.
Unlike the Vespa, which had a monocoque chassis, the Lambretta had a more rigid tubular structure on which the bodywork was fixed.
In the late 50s the Milanese company opted for the so-called "closed body" with a wider fairing. In these years the TV and LI series were born, the latter with 125 and 150 cc displacements.
The Lambretta LI of the Museo is a Mk2 model, with front headlamp on the handlebar and no longer on the front shield and a bright two-tone body color.