1927 – Olympia, Man Bicycle – Italy
Olympia is one of the oldest Italian brands. Established in 1893 in Milan by Borghi & Guerra, the company started as a mechanical processing firm.
In 1895 Carlo Borghi took over the shares of the company and started dedicating to bicycle manufacturing, for which he built exclusive and refined components too.
- 26” balloon tires (popular at the time)
- Faired chain with some sort of Decò motif
- Internal brake on the front tire
- Backpedal system inside the hub for rear tire braking
- “Olympia” brands on the fork head and brake levers
- Sold as an option, there’s a handle between the tubes to lift the bicycle more easily and carry it up the stairs