Lancia "Dilambda", Castagna, 1930
The 5-meter-long Dilambda was Lancia's flagship until 1931, when the Astura was introduced. Initially designed for the rich American market, the car was modified for the European market and unveiled at the 1929 Paris Motor Show.
Unlike the monocoque chassis of the Lambda, the Dilambda had a classic body-on-frame structure, with independent front axle and powered by a V8 engine derived from the previous Trikappa.
The Dilambda chassis was appreciated for its driving performance, comfort and quietness. It was adopted by the najor independent Italian coachbuilders (Pinin Farina, Castagna, Cesare Sala, Stabilimenti Farina) and abroad, to create beautiful bodyworks able to fulfill every need, as the Castagna coupé de ville shown in the museum.
It was subject to an accurate restoration to recreate the interior's warm and elegant atmosphere of those years.