Agfa Standard Herlango, 1930, Germany
AGFA was founded in 1867 in Rummelsburg (Berlin) by Paul Mendelssohn Bartholdy, son of the composer Felix Mendelssohn, and by Carl Alexander von Martius.
In 1873 the company changed name in “Aktien-Gesellschaft für Anilin-Fabrikation“, which acronym is AGFA.
Initially Agfa produced chemical products for photo film. In 1880 Franz Oppenhaim joined the company and will later found the “Agfa Film Company” in 1909.
In 1925 Agfa started the production of cameras for Bayer; the following year the first Agfa camera came out, the “Agfa Standard”.
The production of photocameras kept going until 1983.