Airplanes

Very close to the Villafranca airport in Verona, there is a military airport that has been operative for several years. The Air Base was already in used during the II World War and in 1952, was headquarters of the 5th Air Brigade and in 1954 that of the 3rd Flight Formation, which was wound up in the Nineties, and was also famous for the unusual brand of four cats on its fuselage.

The Military Airport is now just a logistics base, and civil stop for the Valerio Catullo Airport. The Nicolis Museum in Villafranca, has dedicated a section to the air force, with the display of a number of planes and a mixture of model engines, accessories and instruments.

Sponsor
Friends of the Museum