In terms of tourism, the Veneto Region is brimming with natural, cultural and entrepreneurial resources offering a multitude of opportunities for development and work – supporting the social and economic networks of the territory – as well as an array of innovative and interesting activities for those who choose Veneto to spend their holidays. Specific types of activity are now flanking the indisputable supremacy of the Region’s world famous artistic cities and natural features through which every kind of request can be met. These new enterprises, which include tourism linked to Veneto villas, congresses, cycling tours, industries, religious itineraries, mountain hiking, oil and wine routes etc., are managing to break up the seasonal aspect of tourist flows. The great potential that Veneto tourism offers, enhanced by the entrepreneurial ability of the work force and a structured and synergic promotion plan, led the Veneto Region to achieve record tourist numbers in 2011.
- UNESCO World Heritage Site and is part of Mirabilia Network – European UNESCO Sites.
- The City of Love, known all around the world for Romeo and Juliet.
- Wine World Capital and represents Italy in the Great Wine Capitals Global Network.
- The City of Opera, the Arena Roman amphitheater is the biggest open-air opera teather in the world.
- Fifth tourist city in Italy.
- Garda Lake, the biggest Italian lake.
- Exhibition center, Veronafiere is the leading direct organiser of events in Italy, second in terms of sales turnover and leader in Europe.
- Crossroad of infrastructures, along the Brennero axis as the hinge between north-east and north-west of the country, in the middle of two European routes.
- Valerio Catullo Airport, an important engine for local economy.