This engine was fitted to the new 330GT 2+2 launched at the 1964 Bruxelles Motor Show.
It followed the long series of GT cars, after the 250GT 2+2 but with a slightly longer wheelbase and four headlights instead of two, until 1965.
The engine was still the V12 but with the displacement was increased from 3 liters to 4, gaining 60 more horsepower.
Enzo Ferrari himself was the first to drive the car and he kept it for a certain period as his own. Production stopped in 1967, after producing about 1000 cars.
Cylinder number/displacement: V12/3967.4cc
Power: 300 bhp at 7000 RPM
2 valves per cylinder
3 Weber 40DCZ/6 carburetors
Single point ignition, 2 distributors
Dry sump lubrication