Maserati “A6 1500” – 1947
In January 1940, Maserati, which had been purchased in 1937 by the Modena industrialist, Adolfo Orsi, moved to the new, modern premises in Modena. Research into a new Gran Turismo automobile immediately began but was put on hold during the war. In 1947, however, Maserati presented the prototype, a coupè with pop-up headlights designed by Pinin Farina, at the Geneva Motor Show.
The Museum’s automobile is the second one built and was on show in October 1947 at the ltalian Bodywork Show at the Milan Triennale. There are several aesthetic differences compared to the Geneva prototype (e.g. the headlights, the double side window, the rear window, the shape of the tail).
The car was exported to Argentina in 1950 and then came back to Italy at the end of the 1970s where it was bought by Luciano Nicolis, who restored it and returned it to its original splendour.