Lancia, 1960, Flaminia Convertibile

The Flaminia saloon, heir of the Aurelia model, was introduced in its definitive style at the 1957 Geneva Motor Show. Inspired by Florida, the one-off coupe designed by Pinin Farina on the Aurelia chassis, the new saloon, which abandoned the traditional Lancia design of the 1950s, entered the higher market level, that of the luxurious cars.

As well as the Aurelia, also the Flaminia series had its sports versions, which were bodied, upon decision of the Lancia top management (Gianni Lancia, heir of the company founder, was no more on charge at that time), by the most important Italian bodybuilders: by Pinin Farina the long chassis elegant coupe, by Zagato and Touring the short chassis sports coupe. At the 1960 Geneva Motor Show, Carrozzeria Touring introduced the Convertible, derived from the elegant GT coupe; the car shown in the museum is fitted with the last evolution of the Flaminia sports engine, with the capacity increased to 2775cc giving 150 bhp.

Also the Flaminia Convertible was built with the traditional “Superleggera” system (that is a steel tube frame to which the body aluminium panels were fixed) which made Carrozzeria Touring famous all over the world

Vehicle
Marque: Lancia
Model: Flaminia 3C 2.8 Convertibile
Cylinder number / Capacity: 6 a V/2775 cc
Power: 150 bhp at 2775 rpm
Speed: 193 kph
Weight: 1400 kg
Length: 4500 cm
Width: 1660 cm
Height: 1300 cm
Period of production: 1960 - 1964 (all series)
Numbers Built: 847
Bodywork:
Marque: Touring
Type: Convertibile
Sponsor
Friends of the Museum