Lancia “Flaminia 2500 saloon” – 1960
The Flaminia, presented at the Turin Show in 1956 and put on sale as of 1957, was Lancia’s great flagship, the heir of the Aurelia. It was designed by Professor Fessia. It had a 60′ V6 Lancia engine (2500cc) derived from the one used previously in the Aurelia (the first engine in the world in this configuration and patented by Lancia) but this was later replaced with a more powerful 2800 cc.
Sold at extremely high prices for the time and therefore with a rather low number of vehicles produced, it was still a top symbol of Lancia production in the post-war period and represented a flagship for that segment which is now defined as high quality construction and large, luxury saloons. There is room for six people to sit comfortably in the large driver and passenger compartment.
Worth noting are the two small fins on the back which, although influenced by the American style, were re-interpreted more elegantly by Pininfarina who took charge of the aesthetics. Due to its stateliness and aristocratic line (4.85 m long and 1.75 m wide), this vehicle became the car of statesmen and industrialists during the economic boom.