Introduced at the 1951 Turin Motor Show, the Aurelia B20 is undoubtedly one of the most appreciated and known Italian Grand Touring cars in the world. The V6 engine derived from the one first presented in 1950 and fitted to the B10 saloon. The beautiful body, which surely influenced the design of many other period sports cars, was built by Pinin Farina and showed the Lancia concept of elegance, discretion and above all high quality. The B20, the sports car to drive wearing a double-breasted jacket, had a long and successful racing career both the factory prepared “racing” and “special” versions, and with series cars which the owners drove in race as in daily life.
The B20 race debut at the 1951 Mille Miglia is legendary: first in the up to 2-liter class, and second overall behind the 4-liter Ferrari driven by Gigi Villoresi