Lancia “Artena II serie”
The Lancia Artena (the same name as an old Lazio village) was introduced at the 1931 Paris Motor Show: the Artena and its older sister, the Astura (presented at the same event) replaced the Lambda and Dilambda models on the market. The Artena was a more traditional car with a separated chassis, derived from the Dilambda one, updated and more comfortable; a chassis destined to be clothed by independent bodybuilders according to the customers’ requirements. Although it was fitted with strong and reliable mechanics that guaranteed adequate performances, the Artena was not able to reach the commercial and image success of the Lambda, also because it was dimmed by the more important and prestigious Astura. However, the Artena was produced until 1940 in four series for a total of over 5.500 cars. .
The Artena on show in the museum is a coupe De Ville of the renowned Carrozzeria Cesare Sala (a car destined to be chauffeur driven), which conserves many integral and original details, including the log book and registration plate.